You use your personal UCPH username and password to log on to all of the University's IT systems.
Your username consists of three letters and three numbers (xyz123) and cannot be changed. Shortly after you have been admitted to UCPH as a student, you get your username via MitKU. You then have to activate it - se how below.
Activating your UCPH username
- Go to https://it.ku.dk/english/login-help
- Click on First time you log in
- Log in using NemID - or your CPR-number and your PIN-code (you can also use the number on your student ID-card - incl. hyphen). Full degree students receive a PIN code a few days after admission, whereas exchange students receive a PIN code when they are invited to fill in an only application.
- Now your personal UCPH Username appears, and you will be asked to create a password.
- Click on "Update user profile" - you will then automatically be led to the login page of KUnet, UCPH' intranet.
We recommend that you add your private e-mail and/or mobile telephone number to your user profile right away.
Some systems require multi-factor authentication
When your UCPH username has been activated (see above), you can use it to log on to the intranet KUnet and KUmail. However, both systems require multi-factor authentication (MFA), so in addition to the UCPH username and password, you need a one-off code to log in.
You can receive the one-off code either via SMS (if you added your mobile phone number to your profile), via the free app NetIQ, or via a USB security key.
> Find guides about MFA on Help for login on KUnet.
Forgot UCPH Username, password or PIN-code
If you forget your login information, you can choose different options at Help for login. Follow the instructions depending on your choice. If you still encounter problems follow the step-by-step guide at Login problems.
Shortcut to KUnet
Click the image for a direct link to the frontpage of KUnet.