Login problems at KUnet?
You need three elements to log in to KUnet:
- Your KU username (consists of three letters followed by three numbers)
- your self-chosen password
- a one-time password (received via SMS, the app NetIQ, or via a USB security key)
If you cannot log in to KUnet
Go to Help for login to KUnet and click on the link relevant to you:
- Is it the first time you log in? Then click on the link "First time you log in" - but first read the section on how to activate your KU username on Login on KU.
- Do you want to see your KU username or change your password? Then click "First time you log in" and log in with your NemID (If you have a Danish CPR number). If you have no NemID, instead enter your social security number or your 10 digit pseudo-CPR-number along with the 4-digit PIN code for your ID card.
- Do you experience problems logging in with multi-factor authentication? Then look at the guides in the section 'Help for multi-factor authentication (MFA)'
- Do you have login issues on a Mac computer? Then try adding @ku.dk to you username if you are an employee or @alumni.ku.dk if you are a student.
Forgotten PIN code for ID card/study card
If you do not remember the PIN code for your ID card/study card, you can request a new one by clicking on the following link and choose the NemID solution. Then you will be given your PIN immediately. Click here to get PIN code.
If you do not have a NemID, you can on the same page choose to enter your CPR number and we will send a PIN with letter to the address you are registered with at U CPH.
You can show up in person in one of UCPH IT's support centres and have your PIN code disclosed. If so, remember to bring ID!
Forgotten UCPH password
If you have forgotten the password you chose for your UCPH username, you can receive a one-off code and then change the password to something personal - see here how:
- Go to password.ku.dk and click on the link "Forgotten password"
- Enter your UCPH username and click "Search" (works only if you have added an external email address or mobile telephone number to your UCPH profile)
- When you have received the single use password by email or SMS, click on 'Log in with one-time password"
- Enter the single use password and then set a new password according to the criteria in the middle of the page.
- Then log on to kunet.ku.dk with your new password (after which you will receive a one-time password via your chosen MFA method)
If you use a Mac computer and none of the above works
If you have a Mac, you may have old passwords stored in your keychain. In that case, open the "Keychain" Program on your Mac. In the list that pops up, you have to delete everything that has to do with KUnet and eduroam, as well as if there are any certificates that are either something called Radius or Geotrust. Then restart your Mac and try again to change your password on KUnet and see if you can now log in.
If that still doesn't work, we recommend contacting us by phone. Find contact information for KU IT Support Center here.
Shortcut to KUnet
Click the image for a direct link to the frontpage of KUnet.